Visual Optics and the Human Eye
Study pages about the human eye and visual system are listed below.
These pages include advanced topics many of which are not usually included in introductory courses.
The Eye and Vision (The Visual System)
- The Anatomy of the Human Eye
- Understanding Light - to explain vision
- How light bounces off objects
- What is eyesight ?
- Image Formation - by the eye
- Refraction of Light - in the eye
- Introducing Simple Lenses
- Concave and Convex Lenses
- Structure of the Retina of the Human Eye
(layers of the human retina)
- Medical Conditions & Disorders of the Eye
Parts of the Eye
Retinal Layers (layers of the retina)
Disorders of the Eye / Visual System
Visual Perception Notes Re. selected research (incomplete, but interesting)
See also the index of pages about Human Anatomy & Physiology (approx. A-Level, ITEC standard).