Diet and Nutrition
The study pages listed below are about diet and nutrition. They include information taught to trainee therapists e.g. for parts of the ITEC Diploma in Diet and Nutrition, as well as material taught for A-Level Human Biology and topics studied by student nurses and others pursuing other health science subjects. Pages about related aspects of human anatomy and physiology, biology, (incl. human biology) and chemistry are listed on the pages about those subjects.
Introduction to Nutrition
What is included in a healthy diet ?
- Vitamin B-complex (B vitamins)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin , Thiamine , Aneurine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin , Nicotinic Acid)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid , Pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine , Pyridoxal , Pyridoxamine)
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin , Coenzyme R , Vitamin H)
- Vitamin B8 (Inositol)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid , Folate)
Causes of Folate Deficiency
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin, Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin B Foods
- What is an anti-nutrient ?
- Common anti-nutrients
- How anti-nutrients affect body systems
- What is Malnutrition ?
- Undernutrition Diseases
Types of Diets
Quantities Re. food, nutritional content and their use by the body
See also the index of pages about Human Anatomy & Physiology (approx. A-Level, ITEC standard).