Syndesmology is the medical specialty concerned with the branch of anatomy concerning joints and their components.
It is therefore a specialty within the specialty of orthopaedics.
- A medical specialist in the field of syndesmology is called a syndesmologist.
- The adjective used to refer to syndesmology is syndesmological.
Links to other relevant areas on this website include:
- Study : Structure and Functions of Bones
- Study : Disorders of the Skeletal System
- Study page: Bones of the Head and Neck
- Glossary section: Arm and Hand Bones
- Glossary section: Leg and Foot Bones
- Glossary section: General Medical Terms.