Neurology is the medical specialty concerned with the study of the structure, functioning, and diseases and disorders of the nervous system.
The nervous system includes the central nervous system (CNS) that consists of the brain and spinal cord, and also the peripheral nervous system (PNS) that includes individual nerves in all parts of the body.
- A medical specialist in the field of neurology is called a neurologist.
- The adjective used to refer to neurology is neurological.
Links to related areas of this website:
- Study: Organization of the Nervous System
- Study: Parts of the Central Nervous System
- Study: The Pathway of a Nerve Impulse
- Study: Structures & Functions of Neurones
- Study: Nervous Diseases & Disorders
- Glossary: Nervous Diseases & Disorders
- Glossary section: Medical Specialties
- Glossary section: General Medical Terms
- See also books about Neurology