Six of Wands Tarot Card
The Tarot Suit of Wands
The Tarot Suit of Wands is associated with the suit of Clubs in standard playing cards. The tarot suit of wands is also known by other names, such as staffs or as staves in some decks.
There are meanings associated with each of the suits in a tarot deck, as well as the more specific interpretations associated with each individual card - and yet more precise meanings pertaining to particular cards in particular locations within spreads. The suit of wands is associated with the element of fire. It is also associated with the season of summer, i.e. of the sun, which is a 'fire', and with the direction South.
The suit of wands may be thought of as concerning personal growth and the expression of our 'inner fire', through work, intellect, or creativity.
The Sixes in the tarot deck reflect the six is located at the centre of the Kabbalist Tree of Life, implying harmony and communication.
In the case of the 6 of Wands the harmony and communication of the sixes takes the form of triumph and celebration of overcoming personal challenges. This is colourfully depicted in the popular Rider-Waite and Robin Wood tarot decks, both of which show a figure parading mounted on a white horse in front of a crowd.
The 6 of Wands tarot card can indicate success in resolving issues together with a warning not to succeed at the expense of others or with any cause for dishonour.
Keywords and phrases for some of the many possible meanings of the 6 of Wands Tarot Card include:
- Public acclamation and recognition (e.g. celebratory home-comings of successful sports teams)
- Reward for considerable success against difficult challenges
What about the Six of Wands Reversed ?
Some interpretations of the meaning of the 6 of Wands reversed include:
- Failure to attain desired success for now (this time around)
- Someone fails to 'make the grade', could concern e.g. an exam, job, or business opportunity
- Not being the centre of attention, in love a partner's attentions may be elsewhere such as on his or her work or hobby