( 'new awareness' )
Archangel Jophiel is the Prince of the Cherubim, which is one of the nine choirs of angels. Archangel Jophiel is known for watching over the sons of Noah (in the story of the great flood as described in the Bible, Genesis 6).
Archangel Jophiel is often considered to have a generally feminine energy, as associated with a 'softer touch' and sense of non-confrontation. The name 'Jophiel' means 'Beauty of God' or 'Divine Beauty'.
Focus of and Associations with Archangel Jophiel
Archangel Jophiel may be the archangel to call on when you are seeking clarity, perhaps about a difficult or complicated subject or sometimes greater understanding of yourself. Typical examples of situations in which one might require greater clarity, insight and understanding include when studying for exams (or even during tests or exams themselves), when facing difficult choices with the need to make decisions, and when contemplating spiritual questions such as the meaning of life and one's life purpose.
On a spiritual level one might call on Archangel Jophiel for help connecting with one's higher self or with other realms. On a practical physical level, one may simply be seeking greater joy in life. Perhaps the light seems to have gone from your life and you'd like to receive an injection of inner-light and sunshine in your personal world. This might take the form of rejuvenation, more laughter and experience of the lighter side of life.
Other issues and needs said to be supported by Archangel Jophiel include the following*, many of which link-back to the subject of creativity and the many ways in which this can be expressed e.g. in the art studio, modern office, media, kitchen, etc..
- Baking, icing and cake decorating generally.
- Creativity incl. arts & crafts, embroidery,
electronic "creativity" such as production of logo, images, photography, graphic art, films, websites and even iphone applications (apps).
- Campaigning i.e. raising awareness and promoting environmental, animal rights, human rights, or political issues, etc.
- Fashion, fabrics, clothing and interior design.
- Flower arranging.
- Food preparation - both domestic and commercial. Sometimes also referred to as cookery, "domestic science", or "home economics".
- Horticulture, gardening, landscaping, grounds maintenance and other creative outdoor activities.
- Music and performance arts.
- Presentation of goods incl. window dressing and all forms of marketing.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Writing incl. fiction and non-fiction, plays, radio and TV scripts etc..
Depiction / Symbols
Archangel Jophiel is sometimes referred to as 'the Angel of Paradise' and is particularly beautiful.
Also known as:
Iofiel, Iophiel, Jofiel & Zophiel.
Birthsigns / Zodiac