- the "Violet Flame"
- the "Violet Flame"
Archangel Zadkiel is described as having a kind and gentle angelic presence. He is primarily associated with the transmutation of bad "vibes" or "negative energy" into forces for good. Not surprisingly this may involve the changing of attitudes, perhaps due to revelation of new information or a different perspective on a problem or situation. Be open to receiving Archangel Zadziel's help in unexpected ways.
The name "Zadkiel" means "Righteous of God". He is probably best-known for preventing Abraham from sacrificing his son Issac as an offering to God (Genesis 22).
Focus of and Associations with Archangel Zadkiel
Archangel Zadkiel is strongly associated with forgiveness. Depending on the situation individuals and / or groups may benefit from help to forgive themselves or others. Even when that presents too great a challenge initially Archangel Zadkiel may help to soothe situations enough for progress in an environment of tact and tolerance.
In cases of more spiritual issues he may be called upon to assist with purification of mind, body or soul (hence association with the health-related topics listed below), to transmute negative karma (some say via the "violet flame" of Saint Germain), or even to deal with past life issues thought to contribute to obstacles in one's present incarnation.
Some writers about angels cite "Archangel Zadkiel’s Angelic Mission of Mercy" to release humanity (and of course we mean specifically those who ask for his intervention) from the burdens unhealed / negative energy that we have individualy held against our self or others. For those readers who are unfamiliar with discussion in terms of 'energy', think in terms of attitude instead. A feeling of guilt, which is really a refusal to forgive oneself resulting in perpectual self-blame, can be highly destructive. How can you reach towards your beautiful future while concentrating any part of your attention on past regrets?
Other issues and needs said to be supported by Archangel Zadkiel include the following*, many of which reflect themes of purification, cleansing, and spiritual development:
- Alternative Medicine in all its various forms, incl. Chinese Medicine (TCM), Hypnotherapy, Faith Healing, Bach Flower Remedies, Reiki, and others.
- Confidence, self-confidence.
- Diplomacy at all levels, from tactful communication between individuals to negotiations between nations.
- Heath and wellbeing
- Memory, incl. coping with dementia e.g. the effects of Alzheimer's Disease.
- Ornithology and general interest in birds, bird watching and the care of birds.
- Study, care and appreciation of butterflies and moths.
- Personal development, formal or informal - for example from taking a certified course to just reading an enlightening self-improvement book.
Depiction / Symbols
Archangel Zadkiel is sometimes shown with or holding a bright flame which may look white, gold or violet.
- Dark blue
Also known as:
Birthsigns / Zodiac *