This section is about
Structures of the Heart
The semilunar valves are two of the four valves within the heart, the other two valves being the atrioventricular valves.
The semilunar valves prevent blood that is pumped out of the heart from returning back into the heart.
They are located between the ventricles of the heart and the blood vessels that these ventricles pump blood into.
More about the heart and blood circulation:
See the following for more about the heart, blood, blood circulation, disorders of the blood circulation system, and related topics.
- The Structure of the Heart
- The Functions of the Heart
- Systemic Circulation (i.e. blood flow around the body beyond the heart and lungs)
- Pulmonary Circulation (i.e. blood flow through the heart and lungs)
- Heart Conditions, heart problems and disorders, both chronic and acute
- Heart Disease Risk Factors, avoidable and unavoidable
- Discoveries about the circulatory system and how it works
- Books about heart disease.