Symptoms can include
- loss of energy
- low blood pressure
- dark pigmentation of the skin
Formerly fatal, Addison's Syndrome is now treatable by replacement hormone therapy.
See also endocrine conditions and disorders (all on one page).
- Introduction to the Endocrine System
- What is a hormone ?
- Water Soluble Hormones vs Fat Soluble Hormones
- Triggers for Hormone Release
- Hormone Regulation Feedback Mechanism
- Major Glands of the Endocrine System
- The Pituitary Gland
- The Adrenal Glands
- Non-endocrine tissues that release hormones
- Conditions of the Endocrine System