Books about Algeria
More about Algeria
Algeria, which is officially known as the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is located in the northern part of the continent of Africa, on the Mediterranean coast. It is the largest country in Africa.
There are several UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Algeria.
- Al Qal'a of Beni Hammad, the first capital of the Hammadid empire
- Tipas, a Phoenician and later Roman town
- Roman ruins at Djémila and Timgad
- M'Zab Valley, a limestone valley containing a large urbanized oasis,
- The Casbah of Algiers, an important citadel
- The Tassili n'Ajjer mountain range, which is the only natural World Heritage Site in Algeria.
See also news from or mentioning Algeria.