- Wisdom / guidance
- Female / feminine
Archangel Gabriel is among the most well-known, and perhaps therefore the most popular archangels. Archangel Gabriel is associated with communication (including, for example, delivery of messages). This is consistent with being the messenger who brought news of the birth of Jesus to his mother Mary, and also being the angel who dictated the Koran to the prophet Mohammed.
The name "Gabriel" means "God is my strength", or alternatively "Strength in the Divine".
Focus of and Associations with Archangel Gabriel
Archangel Gabriel is associated with communication, guidance and inspiration (among other areas) and is believed to offer assistance in finding one's vocation or true calling in life.
Anyone who has ever asked the question:
"Why am I here (alive, on earth, here and now) ?"
might ask Archangel Gabriel for guidance and clarity.
Other situations in which one might seek inspiration from Archangel Gabriel include the need for clarity and understanding of dreams, repeated thoughts, or visions that are difficult to make sense of. Alternatively, one might ask for help to receive spiritual guidance in any form - just to know what to do, or which path to take. The decision(s) may concern employment, a career of business, relocation, major purchase, or even the possibility of starting a family or acquiring new pet(s).
Another key theme concerning Archangel Gabriel is purification (physical or spiritual).
Archangel Gabriel is sometimes described and/or depicted as a female angel, or as having a predominately "feminine" energy. This interpretation may be disputed but does fit with Archangel Gabriel's visit to Mary mother of Jesus, as described in the New Testament.
Overview: Issues, needs and personnel said to be supported by Archangel Gabriel include:
- Communication - either written (by letter, email, SMS or other) or spoked (in person, by telephone, Skype, or other). This theme could even extend to autographs and autograph collecting, books, journalism, literature, and any form of campaigning e.g. political, environmental or commercial.
- Marketing, advertising and public relations (PR).
- Secretarial work.
- Resolution of disagreements, arguments, and legal disputes, incl. arbitration and mediation.
- Education and educators.
- Computing, computer programming, information technology.
- Communication with the wider world(s), including broadcast/radio communications and even astronomy.
- Art, arts, crafts, creative expression, drawing, painting, embroidery and other needlecrafts, woodworking, sculpture, etc..
- Performance arts, incl. dancing and choreography, also theatrical performers and make-up artists.
- Hospitality, incl. waiters and waitresses.
- Travel and tourism, incl. tour guides and aircraft cabin crew.
The list of topics said to be associated with Archangel Gabriel is among the longest for any angel or archangel.
Archangel Gabriel is sometimes said to be in charge of the direction "West" and of the "West Winds".
Depiction / Symbols
Archangel Gabriel is sometimes shown dressed in blue robes and holding a lily, with a pen and inkwell (signifying communication).
Orange, indigo and white are mentioned
Also known as:
Abruel, Gavriel, Jibril, Jiburili, Serafili, among others. Known as Djibril in Arabic.
Birthsigns / Zodiac