There is an acromion, which is also known as an acromion process, on the upper-surface of each of the scapulae that form the human pectoral girdle, which is also known as the 'shoulder girdle'.
The acromion articulates with the clavicle to form the acromioclavicular joint.
More about bones and features on bones:
- Structures and functions of bones (an overview about the skeletal system)
- Types of bones, such as long bones, short bones, flat bones, etc.
- Bone markings and features on bones of the human body
- Types of joints, such as immoveable, slightly moveable and freely moveable joints
- Diagram of the human skeleton
- Overview of types of conditions and disorders of the skeletal system
For further information see also books about orthopaedics.