There is a ciliary body located in each eye in the *human body.
The three zones of the ciliary body are:
- The ciliary ring - which is attached to the choroid
- The ciliary processes - which forms part of the attachment to the lens
- The ciliary muscle - which controls the curvature of the lens, and therefore its accommodation to enable us to view both close and distant objects according to where our vision is focused.
More about Ophthalmology:
This section includes short definitions and descriptions of the parts of the eye.
For other descriptions in this category, choose from the list to the left (but note that this is not a complete / exhaustive list).
Other related sections include:
- A labelled diagram of the eye
- A concise description of the human retina with brief descriptions of the parts of the retina
- Diseases and disorders of the human eye and the human visual system
- Clinical and surgical procedures re. eyes and human visual system
For further information see also our pages of books about ophthalmology.