Carnelian is a naturally occurring gemstone that has a trigonal crystal structure, carnelian being a form of quartz. Quartz is the common name for the crystal form of silicon dioxide whose chemical formula is SiO2. Carnelian exists in a wide range of shades of yellow, orange, and reds.
Carnelian is sometimes associated with:
- the astrological signs of
- analytical cababilities and precision
- protection against negative emotions
- stabilising energies in the home environment
- drama & theatrical pursuits
- chakras 1,2,3 and 4
- the numbers 5 and 6
Carnelian is found in a range of locations around the world including, for example, places in Africa.
See also the main IvyRose Holistic section about Crystals & Gemstones.